Friday, September 6, 2013

a teacher of good things?

This blog has been in the back of my mind for a while, was I going to revive it? Was I going to let it rest peacefully? Well, the Lord has been burdening me for quite a while to share the things that I have learned about being a woman of God. You see, there is a lack (as far as I can tell) of solid, biblical, Christian blogs out there for women. So, I thought I would share what I have been learning, here

Let me be clear. This blog is intended for women. I intend to teach other women, not men. I have no desire to teach men nor usurp authority over them. I still have not decided how to handle the more "meatier" portions when I get to them, if I will blog about them myself or share a man teaching on the subject... I am still in prayer about it.

However, I will in the vein of Titus 2, share what the Lord has laid on my heart. I have a unique perspective at this point in my life. I don't quite fit in the "younger women" crowd that is spoken of in Titus 2, neither am I old enough to fit the "aged women". I am somewhere in between... still learning but able to teach and pass down what has been taught to me by other Titus 2 women.

There is so much that needs to be said. So much. My desire is to spur other women on into the role God has ordained for them : to be completely sold out and on fire for the Lord. I want to encourage women in their created PURPOSE. Being a keeper at home is not an excuse to quit serving the Lord! It doesn't give us an "out" when it comes to the Great Commission. Our sole purpose, the only reason why God has us here is for His pleasure and the Bible is quite clear on what pleases Him.

I have a feeling that a lot of Christian women (and men for that matter) are going to get to the Judgement Seat of Christ and be a little ashamed when their works of wood hay and stubble are put through the fire and come out as nothing...

It is my sincerest desire to hear my loving Savior say these words to me, "Well done thou good and faithful servant."


  The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 
  That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 
  To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment